12.12.16

The verbs to remember and remind class3rd


To remember

Watch the video to learn 


I remember  playing football when I was young.
She remembers taking the books at school yesterday. 

I need to remember to buy my wife a present.
Please, remember to give my books back!


To remind

If a person or thing reminds you of someone or something, they make you think of that person or thing, or they resemble that person or thing:

This song reminds me of  the girl I fell in love with  some years ago.

If we remind someone to do something or about something, we make them remember it or help them not to forget it:
. Shall I ring him and remind him to come ealier?
Remind me to call Tom today; otherwise I’ll probably forget.

Now, listen to the song and think about the way the verbs TO REMEMBER and TO REMIND are used.