10.9.17

First activities_ class2nd


REVISION

Asking for and giving directions





ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS:

-Please, tell me how I get to the St. Anthony church.

-Please, could you tell me the easiest way to go to the stadium?

-Excuse me, is this the quickest way to get the bus station?

-Can you tell me how I can get to Prato della Valle?

-Where is the nearest supermarket? Can you tell me, please?

-Excuse me how do I get to the market?

-Excuse me what is the best way to get the Globe Theatre?


GIVING DIRECTIONS

-Go straight ahead

-Turn left/ right into...street

-Go straight on at the traffic light

- Go past

-Go up/ down Oxford Street

-Go along

-Go over the bridge

-Walk for about five minutes/ two kilometres

- ...you come to a turning

-Cross the junction

-turn right/ left at the crossroads

-Take the first road on the left/ right

-At the roundabout take the first/ second on the right/ left

-It's near/ between/ in front of/ opposite/next/

-At the end of the road

-At the corner of the road

-Just around the corner

-Follow the signposts for Milan


       The following activity is taken from: http://learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org





Click on the link and read the conversation: asking for directions

Do the exercise. Let's see how good you are at giving directions! Vocabulary



Nessun commento:

Posta un commento