30.5.16

Let's play with irregular verbs



   Star battleship    Les Chatfield 


Searching the net I run across this nice activity: BATTLESHIP

Now, I am going to introduce it to my students of the first and second year. 

I hope they will have fun and learn the irregular verbs. 

I know the irregular verbs are boring to learn but with a little help and this funny activity,

I'm sure I'll be able to motivate my students and get them to memorize lots of verbs.


BEFORE THE GAME:

Try to learn by heart how many irregular verbs  as you can. You will play in groups of four.

 THE GAME

  • The players take turns to make a shot at the opponent by calling out the coordinates of a square. 
  • The opponents respond with the verb in the square.
  • the players have to say the irregular forms of the verb to know if they have hit or missed the ship.
  • If they fail to say the correct form they will skip their turn.
  • If every square of a ship gets lost, that ship is sunk. 
  • The players who can sink all the opponents' ship, will be the winners.

Nessun commento: